PAUL S. HABERMAN
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
American University, B.A., Political Science
Hofstra University School of Law, J.D.
Paul Haberman is the principal/owner of the Law Offices of Paul S. Haberman LLC. An accomplished legal writer and veteran of three well‐regarded Northeastern law firms, Paul has extensive experience representing individuals, companies, and institutions in the medical, hospitality, retail, consumer, real estate, general business, and sports industries in both federal and state courts, where he has secured nearly 40 victories in dispositive motion practice and a range of favorable outcomes on trial, on appeal, and through negotiation. He also has experience representing individuals and entities in the aforementioned fields on a range of other business needs.
Paul is particularly experienced in the health care industry, where he has represented clients on a wide range of litigation and transactional needs. His experience includes the defense and prosecution of medical malpractice, civil RICO, medical licensing, and insurance fraud cases in both federal and state courts, the drafting and negotiating of medical employment and services agreements so as to comply with applicable laws, and the advising of clients on regulatory health care issues. Paul, a New York State‐licensed boxing manager, the author of over 70 articles on legal and regulatory issues in combat sport, and a frequent lecturer on individual sports contract issues, is also seasoned in the representation of individuals and entities involved in sport.
Paul was selected by Super Lawyers to the 2014, 2015, and 2016 “New York Metro Area Rising Stars” list and 2017 “New Jersey Rising Stars” list. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the attorneys in New York or New Jersey are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive that honor. He also receives an “excellent” rating on Avvo.
- Councilman, Borough of Norwood, New Jersey
- Advisor, The Florence Belsky Charitable Foundation
- Former Sports Law Committee Chair, New York County Lawyers Association
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Program Development Committee, New Jersey State Bar Foundation
Paul is a frequent CLE lecturer on a variety of topics, including federal and state dispositive motion practice, discovery motion practice, representation of athletes in individual sports, and the drafting and negotiation of physician employment agreements.
- Edie v. Portland Orthopaedics, 14-cv-07350 (NRB) (Southern District of New York, March 22, 2016)
- Nelson v. Ettenson, 2014 N.Y. Slip Op. 32812(U) (Supreme Court, Westchester County 2014)
- Mercado v. The City of New York, 08-cv-02855 (BSJ)(HBP) (Southern District of New York, December 5, 2011)
- Thompson v. The Dept of Corrections, 09-cv-01038 (Northern District of New York, September 19, 2011)
- Kennedy v. New York Presbyterian Hospital, 09 Civ. 6256 (RMB), NYLJ 1202508862279 (Southern District of New York, July 6, 2011)
- White v. Rosenberg, 07-cv-01807 (LAK)(KNF) (Southern District of New York, February 25, 2010)
- Sweeper v. Tavera, 08 Civ. 6372 (HB) (Southern District of New York, September 21, 2009)
- Hartline v. Gallo, 564 F.3d 95 (United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2008)
- Ilyaich v. Bankers Life Ins., 47 A.D.3d 614 (New York Appellate Division, Second Department, 2008)
- Super Lawyers’ “New Jersey Rising Stars” List in 2017
- Super Lawyers’ “New York Metro Area Rising Stars” List in 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Avvo “Excellent” rating
“Paul was a very big help when I came to New York. As a manager, he got me a promotional agreement with a prominent promoter. This helped me in obtaining my visa to fight in the USA. He helped me find accommodations and a boxing gym where I can train. Paul did his best to make me ready for every fight.”– Ali (The Hurricane) Oubaali, Former French Olympian and World-Ranked Junior Welterweight Boxer.
“Paul Haberman is someone I would absolutely use again. He is a solid person and very thorough when reviewing contracts for my professional athletes. I have used a lot of lawyers over the years and none come close to Paul.”– Kevin Crowley, Rebel Boxing Management, New York /Cork, Ireland
“Paul has always been flexible when we needed assistance and has provided sound legal help when called upon. I highly recommend utilizing his services for whatever your situation may be.”– Nic Morse, Candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives
"I've known Paul for years and if you are looking for a highly intelligent, hard working and dedicated lawyer who gets results, Paul is the one for you. Paul assisted me with a contractual issue and the outcome was successful. Paul gets things done and clearly understands his clients' needs."-Ravi Yande, Editor-in-Chief & Founder, The Ravi Report
"As a graduating gastroenterology fellow, I needed guidance and assistance in reviewing job offers/contracts. With no personal experience in contract negotiation and the need for me to really find a job that fit my personal needs, I realized I would need to use professional guidance. I found Paul to be personable, thorough, efficient, and extremely supportive of my needs. I went from feeling nervous about searching for a job to feeling completely at ease after working with Paul. He is truly gifted in his field. I highly recommend him."-Ashley Maranino, M.D.
"Paul's knowledge and guidance have been tremendous assets as I navigate the legal considerations of opening a practice. He is reliable and responsive, and has provided clear direction on the steps I need to take to do things the right way. I very much look forward to continuing to work with Paul!"-Renee K., Psychologist